Figures released by the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) show that on Friday there had been no increase in the amount of Clare coronavirus cases.

Seven individuals from Co Clare are still being treated for Covid-19. On Sunday, the NPHET revealed that there are 906 such persons in the Republic of Ireland, an increase of 121 from the previous day which is the third biggest surge seen in the country so far. The total amount on the island of Ireland is in excess of 1000.

A fourth person in the Republic of Ireland has died as a result of coronavirus.

Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Tony Holohan said of the 121 extra cases detected in Ireland, “Cases confirmed today were most likely exposed to Covid-19 prior to the introduction of the public health measures implemented on Friday”.

He added, “It is vital that everyone complies with the public health advice on hand and cough hygiene, working from home where possible and practising social distancing of 2 metres. Public health doctors carrying out contact tracing are advising that confirmed cases are now reporting fewer contacts, which is an encouraging sign that people are following the public health guidance.

“I would like to acknowledge the efforts of everyone adhering to public health advice. You are actively helping flatten the curve and limit the spread of Covid-19. Anyone waiting to be tested should act as though their test is positive and should self-isolate now, while they await testing and results.”

Of Friday’s 712 notified cases, 55% are male, 44% are female with 35 clusters involving 190 persons. The median age remains at 44, 30% of cases have been hospitalised and of this 17 of the 211 have been admitted to ICU. 22% of cases were associated with healthcare workers and there is now at least one person in every county being treated for Covid-19.

Members of the public are to keep a distance of 2 metres (6.5 feet) between each other, reduce interactions with people outside the workplace and home, reduce the number of people you meet every day, avoid crowded places, avoid communal sleeping areas and work from home where possible. Do not shake hands with other people or make close contact.

Related News

cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
ennis courthouse tent 24-02-21 4
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Latest News
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
golf ball rain
Winning Pierce Purcell starts for Kilrush, Dromoland & Spanish Point
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
newmarket celtic vs bridge utd 15-05-26 jack kelly conor mcdaid david mccarthy 1
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Premium
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Clare businessman applies to demolish €1m Lahinch home and build one double in size

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.