*Clare supporters from Sixmilebridge in Waterford. Photograph: Martin Connolly

Refunds will not be extended to GAA season ticket holders if the 2020 championship and National Leagues are postponed.

The Irish Examiner reports that the association are fully intent on completing the championship this year but that no refund will be issued to season ticket holders if it does not proceed. The start dates will be deferred on account of COVID-19 which as of Monday has claimed 365 lives in the Republic of Ireland and has 10,647 confirmed cases.

Season tickets valued at €120 give adults access to all of their county’s league games, their first championship outing and the All-Ireland club final. When patrons have attended 60% of all league and championship fixtures, they are eligible to purchase a ticket for an All-Ireland final if their county is in the decider.

Earlier this year, Clare season ticket holder who travelled to Wexford Park did not have attendance recorded even though their cards were scanned. A repeat scenario occurred when Brian Lohan’s side hosted Laois in Cusack Park. A number of Banner supporters who had availed of the season ticket had their account marked as zero attendance.

“We were aware there was an issue regarding updating of attendance. This has now been rectified and attendances have been marked accordingly,” a spokesperson for Croke Park confirmed to The Clare Echo.

Terms and conditions of the loyalty scheme state, “In the event of the GAA season, Allianz National League or Championship being postponed, due to circumstances outside of the control of the GAA (Natural Disaster, Pandemic, etc) there will be no refunds available for GAA season tickets.”

Similarly subscribers to GAAGo are also not entitled to a refund.

On Friday, a Special Congress will be held that is expected to result in changes to the format of the 2020 championship.

Related News

shannon airport solar farm darragh o'brien ray o'driscoll 1
€6.6m investment at Shannon Airport sees Ireland's first airfield solar PV farm & extension of passenger gates
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
glencurran cave 1
Ireland's first wildcat bones dating back 5,500 years uncovered in The Burren
jennifer carroll macneill 1-2
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
Latest News
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
glencurran cave 1
Ireland's first wildcat bones dating back 5,500 years uncovered in The Burren
los paddys continental ballynacally
Christmas market is Ballynacally bound
jennifer carroll macneill 1-2
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
donal carey joe 1
Carey remembered as a political hero
Premium
Journey of Traveller children to school along Quin Rd 'an accident waiting to happen'
Lisdoonvarna's healing waters underline need to improve Sulphur Bridge
Éire Óg not as bad as scoreline suggests - Daniels
Shane finding it 'surreal' to be preparing for Munster final with Éire Óg
No new hospital for Ennis

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.