*Cian O’Dea. Photograph: Gerard O’Neill
Ulster champions, Derry proved a level above Clare in Saturday’s All-Ireland SFC quarter-final.
For Colm Collins’ charges, they never settled into proceedings and the concession of 2-01 before they registered a score didn’t help matters.
On the latest episode of The Water Break, Páraic McMahon is joined by current Clare U20 manager, Michael Neylon to reflect on the contest.
- Written off from the outset, was there sufficient belief in the Clare ranks
- How detrimental was the early concession of 2-01 & Paul Cassidy’s goal on the stroke of half time.
- Root cause of the defensive frailties
- Attempts to break down the Derry wall
- Future changes to the Banner ranks
- Contenders for All Star nominees
- What is needed to change the psyche of viewing a quarter-final appearance as an achievement