THE super dedicated team over at Ennis Tidy Towns have just launched a fantastic lecture series for those hoping to learn more about their local environment.
Their Spring Biodiversity Lecture Series, in support of their Biodiversity Action Plan ‘Wild About Ennis’, starts tonight (February 21) and will continue each Wednesday night for five weeks.
All the lectures begin at 7pm and will be located in Waterpark House on Drumbiggle Road (old Ennis Town Council).
The first lecture is by renowned environmentalist and illustrator Gordon D’Arcy who will talk about the Wildlife of the River Fergus.
This will be a nature/art session so make sure to bring your pencil and paper!
The five lecture series looks like this:
- Wednesday, February 21, Wildlife of the River Fergus by Gordon D’arcy
- Wednesday February 28, Edible Wild Plants around Ennis by Oonagh O’Dwyer
- Wednesday, March 7, Climate Change and Biodiversity by Marie Harrington
- Wednesday, March 14 Folklore of Local Wildlife by Niall McCoitir
- Wednesday, March 21 Gardening for Biodiversity by Aoife Munn
All events are free and open to the public.