*Photograph: John Mangan

9 more deaths and 24 extra cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) with one case de-notified in Co Clare.

On Saturday the HPSC confirmed that 1,678 people in the country have died to date from COVID-19. This follows the notification of 9 further deaths with another case de-notified.

In the second lowest figure of the past week, an additional 24 cases are known to the HPSC. It brings to 25,183 the total amount of individuals who have tested positive for the virus, 4 previously confirmed cases have been de-notified.

As of Thursday, Clare’s total COVID-19 cases stands at 368 which represents no increase for the third day in succession. One case has been re-classified according to the Department of Health. Many of the 368 have since recovered from the virus.

Data from the HPSC of Thursday’s 25,159 cases show that 57% of those diagnosed are female and 43% are male. 48 years old is the median age of confirmed cases. 13% have been hospitalised with less than 1% admitted to ICU. Healthcare workers account for 32% of the country’s cases.

Where transmission status is known, close contact accounts for 59%, community spread for 39% and travel abroad is at 2%.

According to the Central Statistics Office, the number of people who have died from Covid-19 or have been diagnosed as a confirmed case fell for the sixth week in a row.

In Northern Ireland, there was one more COVID-19 death and 14 new cases reported today. The death toll in the North stands at 537 with 4,790 confirmed cases.

Related News

shannon airport terminal upgrade 1-2
Construction starts on €15m upgrade of arrivals area in Shannon Airport
Photograph by Eamon Ward
Dooley says Ireland should fulfill fixtures against Israel & backs call for game to be held in Dublin
donna mcgettigan 1
AI sexualised images must be criminalised immediately says Clare TD Donna
computer keyboard type 1
Warring Clare couple living in same home but only communicating via email
Latest News
Photograph by Eamon Ward
Dooley says Ireland should fulfill fixtures against Israel & backs call for game to be held in Dublin
clare v fermanagh 15-02-26 stephen ryan 2
Clare footballers release four weeks of tension by collecting first league win
donna mcgettigan 1
AI sexualised images must be criminalised immediately says Clare TD Donna
computer keyboard type 1
Warring Clare couple living in same home but only communicating via email
shannon airport fencing 2
Supreme Court appeal prompts judge to adjourn trial of Pro-Palestinian activists at Shannon Airport
Premium
GALLERY: Banner bask in Junior glory
Clare footballers leap into gear with six point win over Fermanagh
Avenue, Bridge, Dons & Tulla progress to last 16 of Clare Cup
GALLERY: O'Callaghans Mills celebrate promotion to top tier at victory social
McNamara rescues a draw for Clare in capital league opener

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.