*Video podcast available exclusive to subscribers.
SILVERWARE is in sight for the four teams lining out in the Clare SFC and IFC finals this weekend meaning there is a lot to look forward to on a special edition of The Water Break.
Cratloe and St Breckan’s face off in a novel pairing to decide who lifts the Jack Daly. For Colm Collins’ Cratloe it will be their sixth final including the 2016 replay while none of the current St Breckan’s panel have lined out in the showpiece event of the club football calendar in Clare.
There’s more familiarity in the intermediate final with Kilmihil and Kilrush Shamrocks facing off in a repeat of the 2017 decider. On that occasion, the men from Kilmihil were victorious with Kilrush licking their wounds and bouncing back to win the title a year later.
Given that it is such a big weekend for football in the county, we’ve a special preview episode of The Water Break for our loyal subscribers.
Head of News & Sport, Páraic McMahon is joined by Clare footballer Emmet McMahon, 2019 Clare SFC winning St Joseph’s Miltown manager David O’Brien and experienced sports reporter Seamus Hayes.
On the Clár:
- St Breckan’s journey from intermediate champions in 2019 to perennial senior contenders
- Colm Collins versus Declan O’Keeffe
- Cratloe’s coolness under pressure
- St Breckan’s attacking platform
- Tailored knockout approach and how Cratloe knocked out leading contenders
- Key battlegrounds to decide the 2023 champions
- Man marking will be more of a Cratloe focus
- More impact off the St Breckan’s bench
- Balance aiding Kilmihil
- Sharpshooters strengthen Kilrush’s credentials