*Mary Considine CEO of Shannon Group with Ryanair CEO Eddie Wilson. Photograph: Arthur Ellis

Ryanair have expressed their hope to grow their operations at Shannon Airport over the coming years.

On December 22, the airline confirmed it would reopen its base at Shannon Airport in April just in time for the 2021 summer season.

This subsequent restoration of the base will see one Ryanair aircraft based at Shannon Airport, 14 routes and 32 weekly flights. Destinations include, Faro, Lanzarote, Malaga, Mallorca, Manchester, London, Kaunas, Warsaw and Wroclaw.

CEO of Ryanair DAC, Eddie Wilson said the reopening of the Shannon base allows the airline “to have a plan and a template to grow at Shannon Airport”. He maintained there is a basis to grow their operations at the International Airport.

Wilson estimated that Ryanair would have up to 450k passengers flying out of Shannon Airport in 2021, a figure which previously would have been 750k.

He said the airline had no plans at present to make passengers prove they had received a vaccination for COVID-19 before travelling with them. Wilson outlined that they were receiving their advice from the ECDC and wanted to see a co-ordinated approach between airlines.

Related News

ashfield house 5
Revised remit agreed for Ennis 2040 DAC & €5m spent on current live projects
micheál macgearailt 1
Shannon group has nationwide appeal
Trump-Golf-Hotel-56
Luxury suite sells for record €940k at Trump Doonbeg
jim o'callaghan north clare 1
Intimidation, anti-social behaviour & lack of Garda resources in Ennistymon flagged with Minister
Latest News
offaly vs clare 09-05-26 brian mcnamara 3
Sink or swim for Clare's footballers in maiden Tailteann Cup campaign
bridge utd vs tulla utd 15-03-26 adam mcnamara 1
Tulla look to take down McGregor's Black Forge in FAI Junior Cup
Senior Women's Team Players
Clare volleyball players represent Ireland as national volleyball teams prepare for international competition
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 rg damien mcmahon mark rodgers shelly mcnamara 1
Clare sweat on injured trio for effective Munster semi-final
Trump-Golf-Hotel-56
Luxury suite sells for record €940k at Trump Doonbeg
Premium
Clare target return to All-Ireland quarter-finals
Intimidation, anti-social behaviour & lack of Garda resources in Ennistymon flagged with Minister
Carrigaholt shows rural communities how to stand up to retain local services
Stritch shows star quality in starting debut
Disappointment but no surprise as Lahinch loses Blue Flag status

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.