*Members of the Clare Youths side. Photograph: John Mangan

Soccer clubs across the country are permitted to train as of today with the returning of leagues in Co Clare expected to be brought forward.

On Monday last, the FAI’s return to safer training protocol was circulated to clubs all over Ireland. The FAI is to review its cessation of football deadline around matches. It currently runs until July 20th.

August 28th had been earmarked as the date in which the Clare District Soccer Leagues (CDSL) could resume. A spokesperson for the CDSL told The Clare Echo, “I expect this will be brought forward in line with changes made last week”.

At least one COVID-19 compliance officer is to be appointed within every club. Clubs with multiple training venues will be required to have a compliance officer for each venue. Appropriate signage will have to be on display across facilities.

Before teams resume training on Monday, a COVID-19 risk assessment must be conducted by each club. Dressing rooms and shower facilities will be off limits. Sanitary facilities are to be accessible with equipment to be sanitised before and after each session. Players and coaches are to bring their own sanitiser, the protocol recommends.

Groups of fifteen are permitted to train at adult level while in the underage ranks two coaches must be present alongside up to thirteen players. “Only essential personnel are permitted access onto the training pitch” according to the protocol. The minimum size of a training area is 75x50m.

Contact at sessions is to be kept to a minimum. Only the goalkeeper will be allowed to handle the ball while corners, throw-ins, free kicks, hand contact and spitting must not take place, the document outlines.

Individuals experiencing symptoms of the virus or who have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case are prohibited from training.

Related News

cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
ennis courthouse tent 24-02-21 4
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Latest News
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
golf ball rain
Winning Pierce Purcell starts for Kilrush, Dromoland & Spanish Point
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
newmarket celtic vs bridge utd 15-05-26 jack kelly conor mcdaid david mccarthy 1
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Premium
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Clare businessman applies to demolish €1m Lahinch home and build one double in size

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.