Latest News County Clare

No increase in Clare’s COVID-19 cases

in News by

No new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in Co Clare.

Nationally, 84 further positive tests have been reported to the Department of Health, none of which are located in the Banner County.

Detail from the Department of Health has outlined that the cases are based in Dublin (51), Offaly (6), Kildare (5) with the remaining 22 in Cork, Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Meath, Roscommon, Tipperary, Westmeath and Wicklow.

Three more people have died as a result of the virus. Over the past six months 1,781 people have died in the country from COVID-19.

Speaking on Wednesday, Dr Ronan Glynn said a “concerning pattern” relating to the virus in Dublin was emerging.

Dr Colm Henry, Chief Clinical Officer, HSE, said; “The greatest risk of transmission to school children is in the home setting. International experience reveals that reopening of schools has not been associated with significantly increasing community transmission. Instead, it is transmission of virus within communities that poses the greatest threat to schools”.

Professor Philip Nolan, Chair of the NPHET Irish Epidemiological Modelling Advisory Group noted that the reproduction number is now close to 1.0. 

Páraic McMahon is Head of News & Sport with The Clare Echo. The Newmarket-on-Fergus native also writes for national papers including The Irish Examiner, The Irish Independent and The Irish Times along with doing work for RTÉ, Today FM, TheJournal.ie and The42.ie. A graduate of Mary Immaculate College, Páraic was previously employed by The Clare Herald and Clare FM. If you have a story, tip or some feedback for him then send an email to - paraic@clareecho.ie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*

Latest from News

0 £0.00
Go to Top