*Photograph: John Mangan

No increase in Clare’s COVID-19 cases has been recorded in the latest figures.

53 new cases have been confirmed across the country by the Department of Health on Sunday. Of this, 27 are men and 26 are women while 80 percent are under the age of 45. The majority of the cases are located in Leinster with Dublin (25), Laois (19) and Kildare (6) the cited counties by the Department. It is the highest daily figure of a Sunday recorded since May.

Of today’s cases, 45 are associated with outbreaks or close contacts of a confirmed case. 4 have been attributed to community transmission. In total, 26,162 persons have been diagnosed with the virus in the Republic of Ireland.

In a statement on Sunday, Dr Ronan Glynn detailed that the source for 90% of the cases had been identified. “Our five day average for cases reported is now 47. We all need to continue to adopt a prevention mindset and continue making good choices to protect ourselves and others while trying to live safely with COVID-19.

“People are still susceptible, this virus has not changed. We know how to break the chains of transmission. Let’s stay the course by physically distancing, washing hands regularly, wearing a face covering where appropriate, avoiding crowds and doing all we can to protect each other,” the Acting Chief Medical Officer added.

There have been no further deaths linked to the virus in the country, 1,763 people have died from COVID-19 here.

Clare’s latest figures which are from Friday have shown there to be no further cases. 391 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in the county since March, 18 of which have been in the past week.

Related News

carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 luke ashton tom o'callaghan gabriel keating 1
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 shop 1
'Something positive was born out of a tragic situation' - Carrigaholt opens new store following overwhelming community support
garda youth awards winners 2
Clare teenagers inspire as winners of eight annual Garda Youth awards are named
judge courtroom
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child
Latest News
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 luke ashton tom o'callaghan gabriel keating 1
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
shelbourne park
Clare greyhounds strike in Shelbourne Park
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 brian lohan 1
Qualifying for All-Ireland series 'was crucial' says Lohan as Clare answer big questions
clare vs tipperary u20 13-05-26 eoghan gunning ryan hayes thomas o'connor jamie moylan harry doherty 1
Terence's troops refusal to give in leads them to Munster glory
kerry vs clare 25-04-26 emmet mcmahon manus doherty 1
Emmet named in Clare squad for first time of 2026 as injuries begin to heal for footballers
Premium
Qualifying for All-Ireland series 'was crucial' says Lohan as Clare answer big questions
Terence's troops refusal to give in leads them to Munster glory
'Something positive was born out of a tragic situation' - Carrigaholt opens new store following overwhelming community support
'Our year was on the line' - Ryan & Clare issue response to reignite championship campaign
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.