Legal advice is being received by Clare County Council regarding a decision from An Bord Pleanála on works between Lahinch and Liscannor.

Substitute consent for the road improvement scheme at Ballyellery in Liscannor was applied for by Clare County Council following a decision by An Bord Pleanála.

Permission for works already completed to date were granted by An Bord Pleanála “but did not grant permission for the completion of the oustanding works,” acting senior executive engineer with capital projects, Steve Lahiffe stated.

He added, “Clare County Council is currently consulting with our legal advisors to understand the implications of the decision of An Bord Pleanála if any and will decide on the appropriate course of action to progress the works following legal advice”.

A status report had been requested by Cllr Shane Talty (FF) regarding the new footpath and wall from Lahinch to Liscannor. “Works there have been stalled for a number of years,” he noted.

Speaking at the November meeting of the West Clare Municipal District, Cllr Talty felt the reply from Lahiffe did not provide sufficient information regarding when the issue would be sorted or the costs involved. “I get there are implications but it is an eyesore, it creates queries and questions from locals. I’m disappointed the reply doesn’t give an indication of when a solution is on the horizon”.

Cathaoirleach of the West Clare MD, Cllr Joe Garrihy (FG) acknowledged that it was “a very high profile part of the Wild Atlantic Way”. He maintained “a renewed focus” was required to put a solution in place.

Acting senior executive officer, John O’Malley agreed with the comments flagging the visual impact.

Related News

cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
ennis courthouse tent 24-02-21 4
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Latest News
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
golf ball rain
Winning Pierce Purcell starts for Kilrush, Dromoland & Spanish Point
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
newmarket celtic vs bridge utd 15-05-26 jack kelly conor mcdaid david mccarthy 1
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Premium
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Clare businessman applies to demolish €1m Lahinch home and build one double in size

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.