*Cian Galvin was outstanding for the winners. Photograph: Gerard O’Neill
St Flannan’s College have qualified for the Dr Harty Cup Final for the first time since 2007.
St Flannan’s College 0-18
Our Lady’s Templemore 1-13
Venue: McDonagh Park, Nenagh
A super final quarter from the Kevin O’Grady managed and Brendan Bugler coached St Flannan’s saw overcome a talented Templemore to advance to the Harty Cup final. During this spell, they hit five of the final six scores.
St Flannan’s did the better hurling for the bulk of the first half but JD Devanney’s twenty eight minute goal gave Our Lady’s a 1-07 0-08 advantage at half-time. The middle third was crowded as Flannans played with a sweeper against the conditions.
That green flag appeared as if it would be crucial in giving the 2017 champions victory but the determined Clare side refused to give in on the restart.
As the game was in the melting pot, Templemore extended their lead to two points on fifty minutes however when the need was greatest, St Flannan’s dug in. Ashley Brohan on the double and two white flags from Cian Galvin swung the tie back in their favour and sent the roll of honour leaders back into the decider where they will face CBC of Cork.
Scorers for St Flannan’s College: Cian Galvin (0-06, 4f); Ashley Brohan (0-05, 4f); Stephen Casey (0-02); Tony Butler (0-01), Diarmuid Cahill (0-01) Peter Power (0-01) Oisin O’Donnell (0-01) Killian O’Connor (0-01)
Scorers for Our Lady’s Templemore: James Devanney (1-6, 5f); Kevin Maher (0-3, 2f, 1’65); Tony Cahill, John Campion (0-2 each).
St Flannan’s College
1. Cian Broderick (Clarecastle)
4. Niall Walsh (Banner)
3. Darragh Healy (Clarecastle)
9. Jarlath Collins (Éire Óg)
2. Matthew Reidy (Ballyea)
6. Cian Galvin (Clarecastle)
7. Tony Butler (St Joseph’s Doora/Barefield)
5. Stephen Casey (Ballyea)
8. Conner Hegarty (Inagh-Kilnamona)
12. Killian O’Connor (Corofin)
11. Oisin O’ Donnell (Crusheen)
10. Ashley Brohan (Ruan)
13. Colm Cassidy (Clooney-Quin)
14. Diarmuid Cahill (Corofin)
15. Peter Power (Newmarket-on-Fergus)
22: James Doherty (Clarecastle) for Cassidy (43 mins)
20: Dylan Cunningham (Clooney-Quin) for Power (56 mins)
Our Lady’s Templemore
1. Paddy Hassett (Rathdowney/Errill)
4. Henry Fogarty (Thurles Sarsfields)
3. Lorcan Roche (JK Brackens)
2. Shane Lowe (Moyne-Templetuohy)
5. James Corcoran (JK Brackens)
6. Kevin Maher (Borris-Ileigh)
7. Cian O’ Dwyer (Clonakenny)
8. Conor Cadell (JK Brackens)
9. John Campion (Drom & Inch)
10. Ciaran McCormack (Loughmore-Castleiney)
11. Kenny Ryan (Toomevara)
12. Eddie Ryan (Borris-Ileigh)
13. James Devanney (Borris-Ileigh)
14. Tony Cahill (Drom & Inch)
15. Paudie Kinnane (Drom & Inch)
24. Luke Ormond (JK Brackens) for McCormack (43 mins)
18. Darragh Kennedy (Drom & Inch) for Cadell (44 mins)
17. Mikey Ryan (Templederry Kenyons) for Corcoran (56 mins)
Referee: Johnny Murphy (Limerick)