No account yet? Register

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Jims roofing 2008

No account yet? Register

*Dean Hegarty was on target once again for Ennis Town. Photograph: Natasha Barton

Ennis Town FC and Shannon Utd have progressed to the third round of the Munster Junior Cup.

Shannon Town march on in Munster

Bridge Utd 1
Shannon Town 3

Shannon Town dominated this Munster junior cup second round game, and led 2 nil at half time.

They went in front in the 30th minute when Gary O’Connell ran onto a low cross from the left and shot past Bridge United keeper Conor Maxwell from 10 yards.
In the 40th minute he got up to head a cross from Brian Monaghan powerfully to the net.

Early in the second half the Bridge tried hard to get back into the game but were unable to trouble Shane Russell unduly.

Then in the 65th minute Brian Monaghan made a run into the Bridge area on the left and shot low past Conor Maxwell to the net.

In the final minutes the Bridge were awarded a penalty for a foul in the area and Jordan Downes scored to Shane Russell’s right for a consolation goal.

Derek Byrne’s charges will face either Shannon Olympic or his club’s B team in the third round of the competition. The Olympic v Shannon Town B game was postponed last Sunday due to an unplayable pitch and it has been re-fixed for this coming Sunday.

Shannon Town: Shane Russell; Aidan Leahy, Colum Treacy, Darren Griffin, Steven Carroll; Jack Kelly, Rob Wall, Gary O’Connell; Brian Monaghan, Brian O’Connor, Kieran Hackett;

Subs; T. J. O’Dwyer for Wall; Charlie Morrisson for O’Connor; Chris Dunning for Hackett; Nathannial Nyakujara for O’Connell, Josh Lindsay for Monaghan

Bridge United; Conor Maxwell; Dan Larkin, Darren Murphy, Alan Mulready, Storm Devanney; Conor Deasy, Davy Lynch, Alex Collins, Kieran Quinlan, Brian Corry, Jordan Downes;

Subs: Leon Kelly for Lynch; Jonathan Downes for Mulready(inj); Steve Stewart for Murphy; Michael Carr for Quinlan; Eli O’Sullivan-Murphy for Collins

Avenue and Newmarket must do it all again

Avenue United 1
Newmarket Celtic 1
(game abandoned due to a match official getting ill)

This eagerly awaited clash of great rivals Avenue United and Newmarket Celtic had reached the second half when one of the match officials took ill leading to the game being abandoned.

The sides were level at 1-1 each at the time and there were just over thirty minutes to play. The game is to be replayed in full on Sunday week. Avenue are in FAI Junior Cup action this Sunday when they play Abbeyfeale.

Avenue started well and created a number of chances before taking the lead. A Stephen Jordan cross was headed on by Ronan Kerin and Conor Mullen applied the finish.

Newmarket stepped up a gear after the break and they got back on terms from the penalty spot. A foul on Kevin Harnett led to the spot kick and while David McCarthy’s first effort was saved, the referee ordered the kick to be re-taken and this time McCarthy hit the target.

Avenue United: James Tierney; Cullen McCabe, Conor Mullen, Dylan Casey, Conor Hehir; Stephen Jordan, Alan Roche, Cian McDonagh, Mark Roche; Elliaz Kunz, Ronan Kerin.

Newmarket Celtic A; Shane Cusack; Conor McDaid, David O’Grady, Pat Purcell, Eoin O’Brien; Cathal Hayes, Alan Kelly, David McCarthy, Aaron Rudd, Kevin Harnett, Gearoid O’Brien

Subs: Eoin Kelly for Purcell:

Ennis Town in control

Kilkishen Celtic 1
Ennis Town 6

Ennis Town advanced to the next round of the Munster Junior cup with this comfortable victory over Kilkishen Celtic at the latter’s venue.

The home side opened the scoring through Christy Phillpott but the lead was shortlived as Ennis Town levelled within a minute through Dean Hegarty.

Lee Clohessy followed with a brace of goals and Davy Keenan then found the net as the winners took a 4-1 lead to the interval break.

In the second half Ennis Town had goals from Johnston Mununkum and Lase Ifedajo.

Ennis Town; Aidan Jordan; Declan Ensko, Emmanuel Ijiebey, Stephen Horgan, Johnston Mununkum, Seun Olanrewaju, Graham Callinan, Eoin Keenan, Davy Keenan, Dean Hegarty, Lee Clohessy.

Subs: Jasher Aliu for Olanewaju; Thomas Collins for Ijiebey; Paddy Bugler for Callinan; Peter O’Brien for Hegarty; Lase Ifedajo for D. Keenan.

Kilkishen Celtic: Sean Healy; Gary Murnane, Jake O’Hagan, Denis Murphy, Diomhlan Hynes; Christy Philpott, Enda Murphy, Anthony Whyte, Mark Pewter, Johnny Cooney, Declan O’Reilly;

Subs used: Paddy McInerney, Alan McMahon, Peter Doyle, Gabrziel O’Kelly

Bunratty/Cratloe win again

Bunratty/Cratloe 4
Manus Celtic 2

Following on from their third division league cup success a week earlier, Bunratty/Cratloe extended their winning run when they proved too strong for Manus Celtic in this Munster Junior Cup round two tie at Lees Road.

Manus took an early lead but Bunratty-Cratloe responded and the sides went to the b reak on level terms at 1-1.

The winners dominated the early exchanges in the second half and quickly stretched their lead to 4-1 on their way to this victory. Scorers for Bunratty/Crtloe on the day were Darren Lindsay, Dylan Kerr while Adam Harrington scored two.

Manus Celtic’s goals were scored by Adam Cassidy and Patrick Casey.

Bunratty/Cratloe: Dara Danagher; Raj Singh, Tom Purtill, Liam Hayes, Barry Long; Darren Lindsay, Dylan Kerr, Sean Burke, Derek Maxwell (captain); Adam Harrington, Jim Houlihan.

Subs; Richard Germaine for Harrington; Dean Connaire for Houlihan; Dimitru Petriv for Burke; Rory Macbeth for Kerr.

Manus Celtic: Conor Liddy; Aidan McCarthy, Jason Considine, Adam Healy, Patrick Galbraith; Ryan Jenningfs, Dean O’Hara, Patrick Casey, Alan Considine, Ryan DeLoughrey, Adam Cassidy;

Sub: Shane Gleeson for Galbraith; Oisin McCarthy for Healy; Aidan Baker for J. Considine; Damian O’Connor for Cassidy; Dylan Galbraith for O’Hara;

Comfortable for Kilrush as Russell scores four

Kilrush Rangers 7
Coole FC 1

Kilrush Rangers continued their good home form, with this comfortable win over Coole FC in the first division league, a game played in very difficult weather conditions with strong wind and rain the order of the day.

They went in front in the fifth minute when Trevor Clancy scored from the penalty spot. Dylan Russell scored twice to give Rangers a comfortable lead 3-0 lead at half time.

Early in the second Dylan Russell completed his hat-trick before Coole pulled one back when Joe Copley converted from the penalty spot.

Kilrush continued to hold the upperhand and Russell struck for his fourth shortly afterwards and they went on to seal victory with a goal each from Dean Neary and David Foran.

Kilrush Rangers; Eamonn O’Dea; Niall Rose, Norbert Knucki, Tommy Lillis, Gearoid Russell; Jamie Russell, Dean Neary, Trevor Clancy, Dylan Russell, Jamie Griffin, Jack Cleary.

Subs; Davy Foran for J. Cleary; Anthony Lillis for J. Russell; Karl Kinsella for G. Russell.

Related News

Scroll to Top
Enable Notifications for the latest news and updates    OK No thanks