No account yet? Register

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp

No account yet? Register

*Cathal Darcy impressed at centre-back for Éire Óg. Photograph: Clare GAA

Round Two of the Clare SFC saw five games played across the weekend with St Josephs Miltown, Kilmurry Ibrickane and Ennistymon securing quarter-final places.

Reigning champions, Miltown made it two wins from two games when they faced off with Kilrush Shamrocks, it finished 3-14 0-06. Since winning the intermediate championship in 2013, Miltown have qualified for the quarter-finals every single year thereafter. Micheál Murray, Kieran Malone and Cormac Murray raised the green flags for the David O’Brien managed side.

Kilmihil bounced back from their first round four point defeat to Miltown to overcome Naomh Eoin/O’Currys 0-15 2-06. The result ends any hopes the amalgamation had of reaching the knockout stages while also setting up a winner takes all clash when Kilmihil and Kilrush face off in two weeks.

They had two points to spare over Lissycasey in the first round but Kilmurry Ibrickane increased their winning margin with a 2-16 0-06 triumph over Corofin. Keelan Sexton returned for his first championship outing of the year having spent the summer Stateside. The Bricks were in control from start to finish and led at the break by six points.

Cooraclare will battle it out with Doonbeg for a place in the quarter-finals, both sides lost their opening outing to Ennistymon with the Milesians the latest victims as they came out second best on the 2-13 0-08 scoreline. Cillian Rouine was in impressive form for the Magpies whose goal scorers, Cathal Malone and David Fitzgerald are both members of the county senior hurling panel.

Ten points from the boot of Gavin Cooney helped Éire Óg hit the ground running as they dominated Cratloe and won out 0-16 1-09. Paul Madden’s side made their presence known in Cusack Park and will take great satisfaction from the display, however they are well aware one swallow doesn’t make a summer and their final round meeting with Clondegad will determine what happens next.

There was plenty of action in the intermediate championship with Kilfenora holding off Wolfe Tones (0-15 1-10), Kildysart’s strong run of form continued against Naomh Eoin (3-12 1-08), Shannon Gaels withstood a second half fightback from St Senan’s Kilkee (4-12 3-10) and St Breckans laid down a marker against Coolmeen (2-16 2-05).


SFC Group 1 –
St Josephs Miltown 3-14 Kilrush Shamrocks 0-06
Kilmihil 0-15 Naomh Eoin/O’Currys 2-06

Group 2-
Kilmurry Ibrickane 2-16 Corofin 0-06

Group 3 –
Ennistymon 2-13 Cooraclare 0-08

Group 4 –
Éire Óg 0-16 Cratloe 1-09

IFC Group 1-
Kilfenora 0-15 Wolfe Tones 1-10

Group 2-
Kildysart 3-12 Naomh Eoin 1-08

Group 3-
Shannon Gaels 4-12 St Senan’s Kilkee 3-10

Group 4
St Breckans 2-16 Coolmeen 2-05

Subscribe to our FREE Newsletter

* indicates required

Related News

Scroll to Top