Organisations in Crusheen are joining forces to pay for damage caused in the local playground.

Crusheen GAA’s minor club has teamed up with playground committee to raise funds that will go towards the repair of facilities following a vandal attack in May.

Playgrounds had been closed during the COVID-19 restrictions and now local groups are working to put together the necessary funds to bounce back from the incident.

Two sponsored walks are to be held in Crusheen, the first of which is titled ‘Escape to the Estates’ and it takes place this Sunday (July 19th) starting at the GAA grounds at 10am, it is expected to finish at 1pm. The second sponsored walk, ‘Beautiful Ballinruan’ is scheduled for the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Officials within the GAA club approached the playground committee to work together to help defray costs.

A GoFundMe page has also been set up with over €200 raised to date.

Related News

carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 luke ashton tom o'callaghan gabriel keating 1
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 shop 1
'Something positive was born out of a tragic situation' - Carrigaholt opens new store following overwhelming community support
garda youth awards winners 2
Clare teenagers inspire as winners of eight annual Garda Youth awards are named
judge courtroom
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child
Latest News
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 gabriel keating maura mckiernan 7
'Tremendous opportunity for Carrigaholt' says Keating with Irish College 'in the middle of planning process'
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 luke ashton tom o'callaghan gabriel keating 1
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
shelbourne park
Clare greyhounds strike in Shelbourne Park
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 brian lohan 1
Qualifying for All-Ireland series 'was crucial' says Lohan as Clare answer big questions
clare vs tipperary u20 13-05-26 eoghan gunning ryan hayes thomas o'connor jamie moylan harry doherty 1
Terence's troops refusal to give in leads them to Munster glory
Premium
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
Qualifying for All-Ireland series 'was crucial' says Lohan as Clare answer big questions
Terence's troops refusal to give in leads them to Munster glory
'Something positive was born out of a tragic situation' - Carrigaholt opens new store following overwhelming community support
'Our year was on the line' - Ryan & Clare issue response to reignite championship campaign

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.