Co Clare has gone one full week without any additional cases of COVID-19 as health officials have also confirmed four further deaths and 16 new cases across the country.

Professor Philip Nolan, Chair of NPHET Irish Epidemiological Modelling Advisory Group outlined at Thursday’s press briefing that the cases this week and last week “strongly suggests there isn’t a resurgence in the population”.

Admissions to hospitals and intensive care “continue to decline,” he stated. Professor Nolan noted that the pattern this week was “almost identical to what it was last week”. The average number of COVID-19 patients per day is 73 and he said the figure today was 48 with 10 fewer people on average in intensive care.

“We have very strong indications that the disease in the country is at a very low level and is very stable,” Professor Nolan commented. He stated that the amount of people being tested is very high while the positivity rate is “slightly lower”.

Almost 60% of confirmed cases are isolated, Nolan said and occur in community or family settings, “the disease has been suppressed in those settings”.

Following the confirmation of 4 more deaths by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre, the Republic of Ireland’s death toll has risen to 1,714. 962 of the people to have died were nursing home residents.

16 additional cases have been notified to the HPSC bringing to 25,335 the total amount of cases since the outbreak of the virus. Less than 10 of new cases in recent days were related to travel abroad, “many of them are still under investigation on the detail of the sources,” Professor Nolan admitted and said two of the diagnoses were due to travelling in the UK and Sweden.

Detail from Tuesday (June 16th) has revealed that Co Clare has now gone a full week without any additional cases of COVID-19. A total of 369 persons have tested positive for the virus in the county since the beginning of March.

Related News

ADI Robotics Clare 041
Robotics workshop rolled out in thirteen Clare schools
flagmount ns 1
Schools 'on tenterhooks' over paused plans to cut SNAs
LCSP1-2
Anti-social behaviour group set up in Ballinasloe
ruan purcells pub 15-02-26 1
Ruan act of vandalism does not reflect local views
Latest News
clare v fermanagh 15-02-26 ikem ugwueru brendy rouine 1
Clare player ratings vs Fermanagh: Big hits rolled out to ignite Clare challenge
down v clare 24-01-26 cormac murray 2
Injuries force two changes to Clare football side
clare v down 08-02-26 david fitzgerald 2
Clare name strong side with five changes for Kildare tie
chloe philpott
Philpott wins Munster junior singles title
ADI Robotics Clare 041
Robotics workshop rolled out in thirteen Clare schools
Premium
Hammer blows leaves Bohannon & Rouine as big injury doubts
Ruan act of vandalism does not reflect local views
'We want to build steel and the skills will follow' - Foudy focused on building spirit of Clare side
Mid-Term break allowing Clare's injuries to heal
Pedestrian crossing plans for Clareabbey 'not safe for cyclists, pedestrians or motorists'

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.