Nine new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in Co Clare.

Health officials have revealed on Friday that a further 67 people in the Republic of Ireland have tested positive for COVID-19. Clare accounts for the third highest amount of the 67 behind Dublin (18) and Kildare (17) with a total of five cases in Limerick. The remaining 18 are spread between Carlow, Cork, Donegal, Laois, Longford, Offaly, Tipperary, Wexford and Wicklow.

On July 31st, 11 new cases were reported in the county, today’s figure is the highest since then while 8 additional cases were unveiled on August 2nd. To date, 430 people have been diagnosed with Coronavirus in Co Clare.

Analysis by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre has added additional cases to the county. From this data, it would appear that Clare has recorded 18 cases in the space of 48 hours.

Additional detail on Friday’s 67 cases has noted that 70% are under the age of 45, 38 are associated with close contact of a confirmed case or an outbreak while 16 are attributed to community transmission. One case has been de-notified by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC), the total amount of persons to test positive since March is 26,995.

No additional deaths have been reported. 1,774 people have died due to COVID-19 in the Republic of Ireland.

Speaking on Friday, the Acting Chief Medical Officer commented, “We have seen cases rising all across the country this week. We must continue to do all we can to avoid a return to where we were in March and April.”

“We have also seen an increase in the average number of contacts for confirmed cases up to 6. It is crucial to keep your social contacts low to limit the spread of this disease. We all have a responsibility to stop this. Social distancing applies to all age groups – wherever you are this weekend, keep your distance,” Dr Ronan Glynn added.

Related News

noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
Latest News
clare v cork 20-04-25 cusack park tickets 1
Cusack Park 'needs development' - board told stand of county grounds 'not fit for purpose'
tom nolan jennifer carroll macneill 1
West Clare doctor tackles Health Minister over lack of investment in primary healthcare
coachford vs avenue 10-05-26 mark murphy ronan kerin 1
Tulla last Clare team standing in FAI as Avenue & Newmarket crash out
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
Premium
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.