Latest News County Clare

Clare GAA club puts the boot down in attempt to win a car

in Home/News/Sport by

*Newmarket-on-Fergus’ Jamie Ryan in full flight. 

Often GAA clubs across the country do battle with the ultimate goal of winning county championships however one club in the Banner County finds itself in with a chance of winning a car.

Newmarket-on-Fergus GAA have entered a competition in association with TG4 Sport and Subaru for a chance to win a car which can then be raffled off to raise funds for the successful club.

All entries will be adjudicated on a provincial basis once the September 7th deadline passes. 25% of the marks in the judging process go towards the amount of likes received on the club’s Facebook page for the video post, the remaining 75% will be based on the submitted video. TG4 will announce the winning club live on air on September 15th.

“We are absolutely honoured that we get the opportunity to showcase our small but very close community,” a spokesperson for Newmarket-on-Fergus GAA told The Clare Echo. “It is a fantastic opportunity that could completely transform our little club and provide us with the vitally needed funds for a new clubhouse and facilities for our little future stars”.

In their submission, The Blues took inspiration from the club’s foundation featuring senior manager Bob Enright and coach Alan Barrett as Edward Bennett and Reverend James Loughnane in a video produced by Paschal Brooks. Over 1,000 people have already liked the club’s post on Facebook and they are appealing for more people to do so before the closing date.

LIKE the post below or click on the link to give Newmarket-on-Fergus a vote.

Páraic McMahon is Head of News & Sport with The Clare Echo. The Newmarket-on-Fergus native also writes for national papers including The Irish Examiner, The Irish Independent and The Irish Times along with doing work for RTÉ, Today FM, TheJournal.ie and The42.ie. A graduate of Mary Immaculate College, Páraic was previously employed by The Clare Herald and Clare FM. If you have a story, tip or some feedback for him then send an email to - paraic@clareecho.ie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*

Latest from Home

0 £0.00
Go to Top