For the second day in succession, no new COVID-19 deaths have been reported while Co Clare is eight days without an increase in cases.

1,753 remains as the death toll following the second day in a row that the Health Protection Surveillance Centre has not recorded additional deaths associated to the virus.

In terms of cases, 6 more people have been diagnosed with COVID-19 bringing to 25,766 the amount of confirmed cases in the Republic of Ireland since March. Of the 270 confirmed cases in the past 14 days, the median age is 34 while 45 is the average age for 69% of cases.

Co Clare is eight days without any additional cases. The figure remains at 369 with only one new case recorded in over a month.

Outbreaks are now being recorded in a range of work settings including construction, fast food outlets and supermarkets.

“We can’t underestimate how quickly clusters develop. We have come so far together, but we need to stay vigilant to prevent a resurgence across the whole country in the coming weeks. Many workplaces have introduced the new regimes and safety measures necessary to reopen their businesses. I would remind all employers that the workplace and most particularly, shops, services and supermarkets, are the new front line, we are asking you to do everything you can to put the safety of your staff and customers first,” Dr Ronan Glynn stated.

Face coverings have been advised to be worn in all healthcare settings and when shopping, the Acting Chief Medical Officer reiterated.

Related News

cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
ennis courthouse tent 24-02-21 4
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Latest News
coachford vs avenue 10-05-26 mark murphy ronan kerin 1
Tulla last Clare team standing in FAI as Avenue & Newmarket crash out
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
golf ball rain
Winning Pierce Purcell starts for Kilrush, Dromoland & Spanish Point
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
Premium
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Clare businessman applies to demolish €1m Lahinch home and build one double in size

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.