A jaunting car takes visitors on a trip through Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. Photo Paul Corey

MORE than 300,000 television viewers across Australia will be introduced to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park this autumn.

An independent TV production team last week visited the popular visitor attraction in Newmarket-on-Fergus where they filmed throughout the world-famous medieval castle and 26-acre folk park.

Bunratty will feature in an episode of a new show called ‘Journey to Europe’, fronted by travel journalist and presenter David Whitehill.

Roger Price (Cinematographer), Erin Malone (Assistant Sales and Marketing Manager, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park), Gareth Bowser, Rebekah Moore (Bunratty Castle & Folk Park) and David Whitehill (Presenter, Proud Nomads) pictured on the village street at Bunratty Castle & Folk Park.

The programme airs on The Nine Network, one of five main free-to-air television networks in Australia, and its streaming service 9Now in October. The episode also will feature for six months on the Singapore Airlines in-flight entertainment system.

“We were delighted to facilitate the production team as they embarked on a filming trip across the Wild Atlantic Way to highlight the West of Ireland’s rich history and culture, fantastic culinary experiences and stunning landscapes,” explained Erin Malone, Assistant Sales and Marketing Manager, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park.

She added, “This show will attract a significant audience for Bunratty in an important market for the Irish tourism sector. The timing of the programme’s airing could not be better as people across Australia plan their overseas holiday for 2025”.

Related News

cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
ennis courthouse tent 24-02-21 4
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Latest News
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
golf ball rain
Winning Pierce Purcell starts for Kilrush, Dromoland & Spanish Point
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
newmarket celtic vs bridge utd 15-05-26 jack kelly conor mcdaid david mccarthy 1
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Premium
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Clare businessman applies to demolish €1m Lahinch home and build one double in size

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.