WITH the grand stretch in the evenings well under way, it’s time to dust off the cobwebs and get stuck in to some of the many adventure activities on offer around Co Clare.
From water sports to rock climbing and paint-balling to horse riding, the Banner county is your one stop shop for all of your adventures.
Our Love Clare columnist Aoibhín Garrihy has come up a list of her faves to get you started.
Be sure to check out today’s edition of The Clare Echo for the full column!
1. Derg Isle Adventure Centre: Derg Isle is nestled along the shores of the Graney River, which flows into nearby Lough Derg and boasts its own 7-acre island and an extensive range of outdoor and indoor team building facilities in Scariff, Co Clare. So if it’s archery or anchoring that tickle your fancy, this centre caters for everyone!
2. Clare Kayak Hire: If there is water, a river, a lake or some coastal stretch you fancy exploring, Clare Kayak Hire can make it happen! This extremely versatile company cater for all your kayak, canoe or stand up paddle needs so whether you’re looking to explore caves off White Strand or take a leisurely relaxed river paddle, look no further. Such a lovely day out!
3. Clare Paintball-Deerpark Outdoor Centre: Providing paintball, splatball and airsoft activities this unique set up caters for “trigger happy folk” of all ages! Deerpark is located halfway between Ennis and Limerick City and promises a fun adrenaline filled day out complete with safety gear and equipment!
4. Mountain View Horse Riding Centre: Ever dreamt of a gallop in the waves on a beach or a trek up the mountains with panoramic views of the Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands and Connemara Mountains? Look no further than this family run business nestled in the heart of the Burren, the perfect backdrop for a day on horseback.
5. Ben’s Surf Clinic: While the name suggests catching some waves, Ben’s Surf Clinic in Lahinch also offers rock climbing for the novice or experienced climbing enthusiast and while climbing walls are a great place to start the instructors encourage trying it out on the real thing, in the stunning Co Clare landscape with gear and tuition provided. Bear Grylls eat your heart out!