A planned Sinn Féin due to take place in Galway has been postponed “due to a coronavirus issue”.

As part of a series of nationwide rallies, Sinn Féin supporters had been invited to attend a party rally in The Galway Bay Hotel on Friday. Party leader, Mary Lou McDonald, Finance spokesperson Pearse Doherty and Housing spokesperson Eoin Ó Broin were to explain why Sinn Féin wanted to be in Government.

Newly elected TD, Violet-Anne Wynne had chartered local transport and was arranging for buses to travel from Kilrush to the event. However on Monday night, The Clare Echo learned that the rally had been a cancelled.

“This rally is now postponed due to a coronavirus issue,” a local party spokesperson told The Clare Echo. As a result of the cancellation, Wynne is to hold a number of public rallies across the county. “To date advanced planning is for rallies beginning in South-East Clare, Ennis, Shannon and Kilrush,” the party member added.

Related News

images (14)
Ennis women's rugby documentary to chronicle historic All-Ireland league debut season
morey movement 10-08-26 seadna chloe 2
Morey Movement strengthens Sixmilebridge community through fitness
us military troops shannon (1)
Stopping military use of Shannon would damage Irish & US links says NATO commander
feakle festival 10-08-26 2
Feakle Festival hits the high notes with 'biggest festival ever'
Latest News
morey movement 10-08-26 seadna chloe 2
Morey Movement strengthens Sixmilebridge community through fitness
clonlara v inagh kilnamona 06-07-25 cathal tots o'connell james fred hegarty 1
'Inagh/Kilnamona are best team in this year's Clare SHC'- says Clonlara boss Madden ahead of crunch clash
us military troops shannon (1)
Stopping military use of Shannon would damage Irish & US links says NATO commander
feakle festival 10-08-26 2
Feakle Festival hits the high notes with 'biggest festival ever'
éire óg vs doonbeg 15-08-26 darren moroney gearoid white 1
'We were by no means perfect' - Éire Óg ship three goals for first time since 2020
Premium
Munster GAA Chair accused of putting Kerry before province when defeating Clare proposal & GAA top brass back continued Allianz sponsorship
Ballyea 'don't have full control' on their fate heading into final round
CLARE IFC: Banner & Cooraclare book quarter-final places, Naomh Eoin & Wolfe Tones bounce back & Clondegad keep cruising
Corofin on the cusp of knockout football while putting St Breckans on the brink of relegation battle
Dominance from Ennistymon's middle eight sees them advance to last eight & avenge Kilmihil loss

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.