Clare has recoded its second highest ever daily increase of COVID-19 cases.

On Tuesday evening, Department of Health officials announced that 32 new cases of COVID-19 had been diagnosed in Co Clare. The only time this figure was exceeded was the 37 positive cases declared on June 1st.

It means that from the period of September 29th to October 4th, a total of 139 cases have arisen in the county. Clare has a 14 day incidence rate of 143 per 100,000 people.

Across the country, 432 new cases have been notified to health officials. Geographic detail has revealed 111 are in Dublin, 51 in Donegal, 41 in Cork, 32 in Clare and the remaining 197 are located across 20 counties. 8 cases have been de-notified by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre.

The HPSC has also learned of an additional death, 1,811 persons have died in the Republic of Ireland as a result of the virus.

Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health in a statement outlined, “It is essential that there is a broad societal effort over the coming weeks. Every one of us has the power to interrupt the spread of this virus and now is a vital time to use it. Focus on what you can do; wash your hands regularly, wear a face covering, keep your distance from others, avoid crowds, limit your social network, know the symptoms and what to do if you experience them or are a close contact of a confirmed case.”

Dr. Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said; “If you experience a cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell please isolate and phone you GP without delay. Do not go to work and try not to interact with others. This is a vital action if we are to break the chains of transmission”.

Related News

Lahinch - The Daily Click
Disappointment but no surprise as Lahinch loses Blue Flag status
delta united aer lingus shannon airport 1-2
Chicago & New York routes return to strengthen Shannon's transatlantic traffic
cathaoirleach awards 1-2
Community champions honoured at Galway Cathaoirleach's awards
saoirse lillis mcmahon 1
'Our goodbyes were stolen' by drinking motorist who killed Michael, say family
Latest News
Peadar-Tom Mercier
€33.8k to be split among 13 recipients in Artist Support Scheme
Lahinch - The Daily Click
Disappointment but no surprise as Lahinch loses Blue Flag status
delta united aer lingus shannon airport 1-2
Chicago & New York routes return to strengthen Shannon's transatlantic traffic
woodstock golf club
Close to 100 teams play classic in memory of Carmel & Ena
cathaoirleach awards 1-2
Community champions honoured at Galway Cathaoirleach's awards
Premium
Kelly making the most of the big days on and off the pitch
Minister defends decision to choose new hospital for region before visiting Clare
Seven quarter-final spots filled in Clare Cup following penultimate round
Profits increased threefold to €3.12m at Atlantic Aviation Group
Cusack Park 'needs development' - board told stand of county grounds 'not fit for purpose'

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.