RESURFACING works have been completed on one of the busiest routes into Ennis.

On Thursday and Friday of last week, a temporary traffic management system was put in place to facilitate resurfacing work to the R469 on the Quin Rd in Ennis, the works were undertaken by Clare County Council.

Staff of the Roads Section of Ennis Municipal District completed the works on a 400m, 2,500sqm stretch of the road at Ballaghboy on Friday evening. The local authority said that road markings will be installed shortly. Significant resurfacing works on other sections of the R469 were completed last autumn.

Meanwhile the Old Bog Road also known as Plunkett’s Rd which connects the N85 dual carriageway to Ennis via the Quin Rd remains closed all this week. This is to allow for trenching works as part of the National Broadband Ireland (NBI) project.

This closure has been in place since Monday morning and lasts until Friday (July 5th), the works are ongoing from 7am to 7pm. Local access will be maintained throughout the durations of the works and relevant diversions will be in place.

NBI this week are also carrying out works by Carney’s Bar on the R474 in Connolly this week with slight traffic delays as a result.

Related News

cathaoirleach awards 1-2
Community champions honoured at Galway Cathaoirleach's awards
saoirse lillis mcmahon 1
'Our goodbyes were stolen' by drinking motorist who killed Michael, say family
shannon hospitality
Shannon College of Hotel Management marks 75th anniversary
quin biodiversity
Clare village buzzes with biodiversity as they welcome Minister Christopher O'Sullivan
Latest News
saoirse lillis mcmahon 1
'Our goodbyes were stolen' by drinking motorist who killed Michael, say family
shannon hospitality
Shannon College of Hotel Management marks 75th anniversary
quin biodiversity
Clare village buzzes with biodiversity as they welcome Minister Christopher O'Sullivan
Tom Micks Photography
From Doolin to Dance World Cup - Broadway Dancers set for Dublin
st michaels killmhill
West clare first year students set for All Ireland Final
Premium
Cusack Park 'needs development' - board told stand of county grounds 'not fit for purpose'
Tulla last Clare team standing in FAI as Avenue & Newmarket crash out
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.