*Shane O’Donnell. Photograph: Gerard O’Neill

No new injuries have been reported in the Clare senior hurling camp while Shane O’Donnell and Cian Galvin are both major doubts for the upcoming club championship.

Man of the match in the 2013 All-Ireland SHC final replay, O’Donnell has not featured for the county since the beginning of June when he scored 0-02 against Dublin in the Allianz National Hurling League.

Prior to their final league outing with Kilkenny, the Éire Óg forward sustained a concussion injury and has not returned to training since then. The Ennis man is believed to be a major doubt for the upcoming club championship and is not expected to feature for Clare this year.

O’Donnell has not been spotted at any of Clare’s championship matches. When asked by The Clare Echo for an update on the All-Ireland winner’s recovery, Clare boss Brian Lohan said, “Shane is making progress, he is making progress so we’re just hoping he will be okay regardless of hurling at all”.

Cian Galvin, Stiofan McMahon, Darragh Lohan and Mark Rodgers. Photograph: Joe Buckley

Dr Harty Cup winning joint captain Cian Galvin is also set for a spell on the sidelines. The Clarecastle native underwent an operation last Friday which has ruled him out for the rest of the inter-county championship and is likely to leave him out of action for six months and unavailable for the Magpies senior hurlers.

Clare will also be without Newmarket-on-Fergus’ Colin Guilfoyle for this week’s qualifier clash against Cork. The primary school teacher sustained a hand injury in training in recent weeks which have put him out of the reckoning for a place in the matchday twenty six.

Related News

corofin 26-07-19 8
Lack of urgency to install EV charging points 'in climate crisis' slammed by Cllrs
Joe Melody pod ep 5 thumbnail
Business Chamber Episode 5: Joe Whelan
shannon airport solar farm darragh o'brien ray o'driscoll 1
€6.6m investment at Shannon Airport sees Ireland's first airfield solar PV farm & extension of passenger gates
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
Latest News
john o'brien marie crowe ronan murphy 1
Local history of Sixmilebridge revisited in new publication
o'callaghans mills v abbeydorney 02-11-25 darragh moroney seán boyce cotter colm cleary fionn hickey conor henry anthem 1
Munster final 'a huge game' & massive opportunity for O'Callaghans Mills
corofin 26-07-19 8
Lack of urgency to install EV charging points 'in climate crisis' slammed by Cllrs
bridge utd v grattan utd 16-11-25 filip mostowy 3
Tough ties for Bridge Utd & Newmarket Celtic in Munster Junior Cup last 16
clooney quin v whitegate camogie 13-11-21 12 emma deegan
Gallagher doesn't look back in anger following Clooney/Quin's Munster final loss
Premium
Gallagher doesn't look back in anger following Clooney/Quin's Munster final loss
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
'We're pinching ourselves at times wondering is this real' - Mills making the most of Munster run
Journey of Traveller children to school along Quin Rd 'an accident waiting to happen'

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.