3 deaths and 13 additional COVID-19 cases have been confirmed by health officials on Friday while no new cases have been attributed to Co Clare.

Co Clare has gone 24 hours without an increase in the amount of confirmed cases. To date, 369 people have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the county. It accounts for 1.46% of the country’s total. The figures are from Wednesday (June 10th).

A total of three people have died in the past 24 hours from COVID-19, the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC). It brings to 1,705 the amount of deaths in the country as a result of the virus, one death had been de-notified.

For the fifth time in the space of seven days, the amount of additional cases recorded in one day is in double figures. 13 cases have been confirmed by the HPSC bringing to 25,250 the total amount of individuals to have tested positive for COVID-19.

Latest NTPF figures published today show there were 575,863 patients waiting to be seen at an outpatient clinic, at the end of May, up by over 3,000 cases on the previous month. 86,946 patients were waiting for an appointment for their inpatient, or day case treatment, at the end of May.

In Northern Ireland, one further coronavirus-related death has occurred, taking the Department of Health toll to 539.

A further 16 new cases of Covid-19 have also been diagnosed, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the region to 4,838.

Chief Medical Officer, Dr Tony Holohan stated on Friday morning that a greater compliance is needed from the public on the wearing of face masks.

Speaking today, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar (FG) outlined that the Government is aiming to have children back in schools full-time by late August or early September. “We’re going to come up with a solution that allows all kids to return to school at the end of August, early September as originally indicated.”

Related News

carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 luke ashton tom o'callaghan gabriel keating 1
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 shop 1
'Something positive was born out of a tragic situation' - Carrigaholt opens new store following overwhelming community support
garda youth awards winners 2
Clare teenagers inspire as winners of eight annual Garda Youth awards are named
judge courtroom
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child
Latest News
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 luke ashton tom o'callaghan gabriel keating 1
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
shelbourne park
Clare greyhounds strike in Shelbourne Park
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 brian lohan 1
Qualifying for All-Ireland series 'was crucial' says Lohan as Clare answer big questions
clare vs tipperary u20 13-05-26 eoghan gunning ryan hayes thomas o'connor jamie moylan harry doherty 1
Terence's troops refusal to give in leads them to Munster glory
kerry vs clare 25-04-26 emmet mcmahon manus doherty 1
Emmet named in Clare squad for first time of 2026 as injuries begin to heal for footballers
Premium
Qualifying for All-Ireland series 'was crucial' says Lohan as Clare answer big questions
Terence's troops refusal to give in leads them to Munster glory
'Something positive was born out of a tragic situation' - Carrigaholt opens new store following overwhelming community support
'Our year was on the line' - Ryan & Clare issue response to reignite championship campaign
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.