*Niall Horan. Photograph: Getty Images

Irish pop giant, Niall Horan has been confirmed to lead the stellar line-up for next week’s Dubai Duty Free Irish Open Pro-Am.

Singer/song-writer Niall who rose to fame as a member of the very popular One Direction will play alongside impressionist and fellow Westmeath man Conor Moore plus actor James Nesbitt.

Horan, who counts tournament host Paul McGinley as a friend, will play on the eve of the historic national open for the first time since 2016 when he tees it up at Lahinch Golf Club alongside Moore of Conor’s Sketches and Nesbitt best known for his roles in TV drama Cold Feet and the blockbuster Hobbit Trilogy.

They will be joined next Wednesday, July 4, at the world-renowned Co Clare links by two-time European Tour winner Guido Migliozzi, who is managed by Horan’s golf management agency Modest! Golf.

An excited Horan said on Wednesday afternoon, “I can’t wait to come back home to Ireland for the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open. I’m looking forward to supporting my good friend Paul McGinley and seeing some of the Modest! Golf players in action.”

McGinley felt the Slow Hands singer would be a “fantastic addition”. “I am thrilled that Niall will be coming to Lahinch for what is shaping up to be a memorable week at the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open. He is a fantastic addition to a Pro-Am line-up which already features some of Ireland’s best-loved celebrities and sports stars. We want this to be a festival of golf and entertainment for people of all age groups and Niall certainly transcends the generations with regard to his popularity here in Ireland and around the world.”

A host of Irish sporting legends have already been announced for the Pro-Am line-up, including rugby heroes Paul O’Connell and Keith Wood, jockeys AP McCoy and Ruby Walsh, inter-county hurlers including our own Shane O’Donnell, Joe Canning of Galway and Limerick’s Cian Lynch.

Former Clare hurling manager and current Wexford boss Davy Fitzgerald will also play, as will Kerry football star Kieran Donaghy and Dermot Whelan Today FM’s co-host of the popular Dermot & Dave show and himself a Lahinch Golf Club member.

James Sugrue, the recent Amateur Champion from Mallow Golf Club in County Cork, has also been extended an invite to the Pro-Am after last week becoming the 11th Irishman to win the famous championship – earning a place in next month’s Open Championship and the 2020 Masters Tournament in the process.

Horan’s fellow Irish popstars Keith Duffy – formerly of BoyZone – and former Westlife singer Brian McFadden will also tee it up at Lahinch.

Related News

shannon airport solar farm darragh o'brien ray o'driscoll 1
€6.6m investment at Shannon Airport sees Ireland's first airfield solar PV farm & extension of passenger gates
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
glencurran cave 1
Ireland's first wildcat bones dating back 5,500 years uncovered in The Burren
jennifer carroll macneill 1-2
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
Latest News
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
glencurran cave 1
Ireland's first wildcat bones dating back 5,500 years uncovered in The Burren
los paddys continental ballynacally
Christmas market is Ballynacally bound
jennifer carroll macneill 1-2
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
donal carey joe 1
Carey remembered as a political hero
Premium
Journey of Traveller children to school along Quin Rd 'an accident waiting to happen'
Lisdoonvarna's healing waters underline need to improve Sulphur Bridge
Éire Óg not as bad as scoreline suggests - Daniels
Shane finding it 'surreal' to be preparing for Munster final with Éire Óg
No new hospital for Ennis

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.