*Photograph: Willie O’Reilly (Burren Eye Photography)

Growth continues as expected with the amount of confirmed COVID-19 cases rising by 390 with 21 more deaths recorded in the country.

As of Sunday evening, 158 people have died in the Republic of Ireland from Coronavirus, 214 on the island of Ireland. The latest 21 were located in the east (17) with two each in the south and west. 12 of those that died were men and 9 were women, their median age was 81.

An additional 390 cases are now known by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre as of 1pm on Sunday bringing the country’s total to 4,994.

“This past week has proven that the nation is working hard, together, by staying at home to flatten the curve. If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 you need to self-isolate and phone your GP. I ask that everyone inform themselves on what to do in the instance they develop symptoms, as well as how to maintain their health and wellbeing,” Chief Medical Officer, Dr Tony Holohan stated.

Data of Friday’s 4,443 cases has been presented on Sunday by the HPSC noted that 1,203 had been hospitalised and 165 of these were admitted to ICU. 903 cases are from 236 clusters.

For those that the transmission status is known, community transmission is the most common as it is responsible for 63%, close contact for 24% and travel abroad for 13%.

No update has yet been provided on the amount of Clare cases from Friday’s figures. As of Thursday, there were 54 people in the county diagnosed with the virus.

Related News

noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
Latest News
clare v cork 20-04-25 cusack park tickets 1
Cusack Park 'needs development' - board told stand of county grounds 'not fit for purpose'
tom nolan jennifer carroll macneill 1
West Clare doctor tackles Health Minister over lack of investment in primary healthcare
coachford vs avenue 10-05-26 mark murphy ronan kerin 1
Tulla last Clare team standing in FAI as Avenue & Newmarket crash out
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
Premium
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.