*Kieran Leahy of Kildysart. Photograph: Burren Eye Photography

KILDYSART are expecting St Breckan’s to “come with the kitchen sink” when the sides clash in round two of the TUS Clare senior football championship.

A 0-12 0-9 win over Corofin saw Kildysart come out on top in the opening round of the Clare SFC and they prepare to face a St Breckan’s side in Gurteen on Friday evening who lost their first outing of the championship.

Speaking to The Clare Echo, Kildysart manager David Butler was not getting carried away with starting with a win. “Winning the first round game is very important. Having said that we lost the opening round last year against Ennistymon but we managed to re-group and hit back. A lot of people thought it was doom and gloom after that loss, There was a lot of importance on this tie but, look, it’s a first win and that is all it is”.

Butler continued, “we have St Breckans next and after their first round result they will be coming with the kitchen sink. This was a good win but that’s all, we re-group now and go again”.

On their clash with Corofin, David felt his side “kicked some good points and that was important. There was a wind there, we worked some good scores but we also had some poor shot selections which we need to work on but the lads came good and we are pleased”.

He was particularly with the response from his charges when Corofin piled on the pressure in the final quarter. “The lads answered and they always will, the heads never go down. They brought it back to a point but we finished strong, they showed great character. Look it’s a win but we park this now and focus on St. Breckans”.

Related News

cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
ennis courthouse tent 24-02-21 4
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Latest News
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
golf ball rain
Winning Pierce Purcell starts for Kilrush, Dromoland & Spanish Point
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
newmarket celtic vs bridge utd 15-05-26 jack kelly conor mcdaid david mccarthy 1
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Premium
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Clare businessman applies to demolish €1m Lahinch home and build one double in size

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.