*Sean Doyle. Photograph: Gerard O’Neill

Bodyke’s Sean Doyle is set to continue as manager of the Clare U20 hurlers for a third season.

It will be the fifth season in a row that Doyle has been involved at inter-county level with the Banner County having previously managed the minor hurlers.

During his first year in charge of the minor hurlers, Clare contested the Munster final and exited at the All-Ireland quarter-final stage while in 2018 they recorded one win in four games. In the knockout U20 championship, Clare lost out to Cork (2019) and Tipperary (2020).

The Clare Echo understands that outgoing Chairman, Joe Cooney spoke in favour of the former Garryspillane coach continuing as U20 boss at a meeting of Clare GAA officials on Tuesday evening.

He was joined on his management this year by Jim McInerney (Tulla), Ger Rodgers (Scariff), Evan Kilroy (Gort), Val Murnane (Caherline) and Jamie Fitzgibbon (Crusheen). Sean’s management team for 2021 is not yet known.

Related News

shannon airport solar farm darragh o'brien ray o'driscoll 1
€6.6m investment at Shannon Airport sees Ireland's first airfield solar PV farm & extension of passenger gates
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
glencurran cave 1
Ireland's first wildcat bones dating back 5,500 years uncovered in The Burren
jennifer carroll macneill 1-2
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
Latest News
shannon airport solar farm darragh o'brien ray o'driscoll 1
€6.6m investment at Shannon Airport sees Ireland's first airfield solar PV farm & extension of passenger gates
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
glencurran cave 1
Ireland's first wildcat bones dating back 5,500 years uncovered in The Burren
los paddys continental ballynacally
Christmas market is Ballynacally bound
jennifer carroll macneill 1-2
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
Premium
'We're pinching ourselves at times wondering is this real' - Mills making the most of Munster run
Journey of Traveller children to school along Quin Rd 'an accident waiting to happen'
Lisdoonvarna's healing waters underline need to improve Sulphur Bridge
Éire Óg not as bad as scoreline suggests - Daniels
Shane finding it 'surreal' to be preparing for Munster final with Éire Óg

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.