A 38-year old daughter of EuroMillions winner, Dolores McNamara is set for an automatic driving ban.

This follows solicitor for Kevanne McNamara, Daragh Hassett telling Ennis District Court on Tuesday that his client is to enter a plea of guilty to a single count of dangerous driving.

A conviction for dangerous driving will result in a mandatory driving ban for Ms McNamara of Ard Coillte, Ballina, Co Tipperary as a judge has no discretion in the matter and must impose a ban.

Kevanne McNamara’s family connection to Dolores, who won a then record €115 million EuroMillions jackpot in August 2005, was not referred to in court.

In total, Kevanne McNamara is facing charges concerning four driving related alleged offences that include two counts of dangerous driving from one day in July last year.

The four charges include a charge of Ms McNamara driving her 11-C registered car under the influence of an intoxicant to such an extent as to render her incapable of having proper control of her car at Main Street, Ballina on July 20th 2021 contrary to Section 4 of the Road Traffic Act.

Mr Hassett said that Ms McNamara will be contesting this charge.

Ms McNamara is facing two counts of dangerous driving on the same date at different locations contrary to Section 53 of the Road Traffic Act. Ms McNamara is charged with dangerous driving on the R494 at Roolagh, Ballina and at Main Street, Ballina on July 20th 2021

Ms McNamara is also accused of being the driver of a car that was involved in the damage to property of Tipperary County Council and failing to remain at the scene contrary to Section 106 of the Road Traffic Act on the same date.

Ms McNamara was in court for today’s brief hearing and Judge Mary Larkin said that she wants the case concerning the contested charge of allegedly driving under the influence of an intoxicant to be heard “sooner rather than later”

In response, Mr Hassett said: “I would like that too judge.”

Judge Larkin adjourned the cases to June 28th to Ennis District Court and all matters won’t be disposed of until the completion of the intoxicant case.

 

Related News

LCSP1-2
Anti-social behaviour group set up in Ballinasloe
ruan purcells pub 15-02-26 1
Ruan act of vandalism does not reflect local views
michael mcnamara 6
Strong merit in restricting social media use for teens - McNamara
clareabbey roundabout 1
Pedestrian crossing plans for Clareabbey 'not safe for cyclists, pedestrians or motorists'
Latest News
flagmount ns 1
Schools 'on tenterhooks' over paused plans to cut SNAs
LCSP1-2
Anti-social behaviour group set up in Ballinasloe
clare v fermanagh 15-02-26 darragh bohannon 2
Hammer blows leaves Bohannon & Rouine as big injury doubts
ruan purcells pub 15-02-26 1
Ruan act of vandalism does not reflect local views
clare v tipperary camogie 21-05-22 17 muireann scanlon
'We want to build steel and the skills will follow' - Foudy focused on building spirit of Clare side
Premium
Mid-Term break allowing Clare's injuries to heal
Pedestrian crossing plans for Clareabbey 'not safe for cyclists, pedestrians or motorists'
'There will be uproar' - farmers fume over preferred route for Limerick to Scariff Greenway
Ennis woman 'deliberately dishonest' in 'frankly shocking' case of dividing farmers will of 120 acre farm & €1.5m
Coughlan hopeful Clare will kick on after picking up first league win

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.