*Photograph: Gerard O’Neill. 

CUSACK PARK has been confirmed as the venue for the Munster senior football final, it will be the first time in 105 years that it hosts the provincial football final. 

Mark Fitzgerald’s Clare side will contest back to back provincial finals for the first time since 1937 when they welcome Kerry to Ennis on May 5th.

Following negotiations between both counties, it was agreed to toss to determine for the venue and Clare won the toss on Tuesday evening which ensures Cusack Park will host the Munster final.

TUS Gaelic Grounds hosted the decider last year but the Limerick venue was quickly ruled out for 2024 as the Great Limerick Run takes place on the same day as the Munster final.

Both Clare and Kerry previously clashed in Munster Finals in Ennis in 1912 and 1919, Kerry ran out 0-3 0-1 and 6-11 2-0 winners on both occasions. The 1927 decider was also held in Clare but in Kilrush in what was then known as the Cricket Field but is now Captain Michael Tubridy Memorial Park, Kerry were victorious on a score of 4-4 1-3.

 

Related News

shannon airport solar farm darragh o'brien ray o'driscoll 1
€6.6m investment at Shannon Airport sees Ireland's first airfield solar PV farm & extension of passenger gates
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
glencurran cave 1
Ireland's first wildcat bones dating back 5,500 years uncovered in The Burren
jennifer carroll macneill 1-2
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
Latest News
shannon airport solar farm darragh o'brien ray o'driscoll 1
€6.6m investment at Shannon Airport sees Ireland's first airfield solar PV farm & extension of passenger gates
clare county council budget abbey street 1-2
Who said what as Clare County Council decided to hike up commercial rates by 8%
glencurran cave 1
Ireland's first wildcat bones dating back 5,500 years uncovered in The Burren
los paddys continental ballynacally
Christmas market is Ballynacally bound
jennifer carroll macneill 1-2
Health Minister says emergency department for Clare will be reviewed in 2026
Premium
'We're pinching ourselves at times wondering is this real' - Mills making the most of Munster run
Journey of Traveller children to school along Quin Rd 'an accident waiting to happen'
Lisdoonvarna's healing waters underline need to improve Sulphur Bridge
Éire Óg not as bad as scoreline suggests - Daniels
Shane finding it 'surreal' to be preparing for Munster final with Éire Óg

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.