Road strengthening works to rectify ‘a sinking Tullabrack cross’ are hoped to be completed by the end of this month, Council engineers have stated.

An update on the efforts undertaken by the local authority to secure funds for the works were asked for by Cllr Ian Lynch (IND) at a recent meeting of the West Clare Municipal District. He highlighted that part of the road the R483 from Kilrush to the Tullabrack Cross was sinking “resulting in unsafe conditions for traffic”.

Senior executive engineer, Alan Kennelly outlined that 600m of the road were included in the 2020 roadworks programme and will benefit from full width road restoration or a surface overlay. “Works will hopefully be completed by the end of October 2020”. The road is currently governed by a temporary 50km/h speed limit. Over 700m of the adjacent roadway underwent a surface overlay last year.

Cllr Lynch expressed his delight with works getting the go ahead. “The road is quite poor, in previous summers there was a lot of humps and hollows,” he recalled. Cllr Cillian Murphy (FF) seconded the proposal.

Related News

cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
ennis courthouse tent 24-02-21 4
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Latest News
coachford vs avenue 10-05-26 mark murphy ronan kerin 1
Tulla last Clare team standing in FAI as Avenue & Newmarket crash out
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
golf ball rain
Winning Pierce Purcell starts for Kilrush, Dromoland & Spanish Point
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
Premium
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Clare businessman applies to demolish €1m Lahinch home and build one double in size

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.