Two restaurants in Co Clare have temporarily closed after confirmed cases of COVID-19 emerged.

Doonbeg based Tubridy’s Bar and Restaurant announced on Friday afternoon that it would have to close its doors after they received confirmation from the HSE that a member of staff had been diagnosed with the virus.

Management have thanked customers for their ongoing support and loyalty and announced they would be closing until further information was available. Tubridy’s has been frequented by many high-profile guests during its history and was the location whereby the Trump sons Eric and Donald Jr were pulling pints of Guinness last June during the Presidential visit of their father Donald.

Consultation between Knox’s Bar and Restaurant and the HSE has been ongoing in recent days. Customers who frequented the Ennis outlet on Thursday last (Sept 17th) had tested positive for COVID-19. As a precautionary measure, management have decided to temporarily close their doors following confirmation that “a small number of cases” were involved.

In a statement, Knox’s management outlined, “We would like to say all our staff are well and have always worn facemasks which has helped in protecting them as well as our customers. We are currently working with the HSE and are following all of their guidelines. The safety of our staff and customers are of the utmost importance to us, with this in mind we have decided to close for the next few days”.

Related News

noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
Latest News
clare v cork 20-04-25 cusack park tickets 1
Cusack Park 'needs development' - board told stand of county grounds 'not fit for purpose'
tom nolan jennifer carroll macneill 1
West Clare doctor tackles Health Minister over lack of investment in primary healthcare
coachford vs avenue 10-05-26 mark murphy ronan kerin 1
Tulla last Clare team standing in FAI as Avenue & Newmarket crash out
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 ian galvin 2
Clare topple Tipp to get championship campaign back on track
noel jordan 1
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
Premium
Lisdoonvarna retailer jailed for two years & seven months for sexual assault of schoolboy in 1980s
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.