Knocklisheen Direct Provision Centre resident Donnah Vuma with Clare Soroptimists

*Colm Collins. Photograph: Gerard O’Neill

Outgoing Clare senior football manager Colm Collins has yet to decide whether or not to seek another term in charge.

Speaking to The Clare Echo on Tuesday he said “I have yet to make a decision on that”.

Arguably Clare’s most successful manager, he guided the team to retaining their Division 2 league status for a fifth season in 2020. Since they won promotion to this division, many pundits have predicted that they would be relegated each year, however the Banner came within minutes of securing promotion to Division 1 in the final round of the Allianz National Football League this year.

There had been high hopes amongst Clare football followers this year that the team would qualify for the provincial senior championship final but they suffered a one goal loss to Tipperary in the opening round. Since then Tipperary have gone on to capture the title, their first in eighty five years.

In the days after Clare’s championship defeat, several players called on the Cratloe clubman to continue in the role of team manager. and they remain confident that he will take on the task for an eighth season.

St Joseph Miltown’s Gordon Kelly has announced his retirement this week and told The Clare Echo that Collins was the first man he contacted to notify him of his decision.

Related News

judge courtroom
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child
micheál macgearailt 1
Shannon group has nationwide appeal
Trump-Golf-Hotel-56
Luxury suite sells for record €940k at Trump Doonbeg
jim o'callaghan north clare 1
Intimidation, anti-social behaviour & lack of Garda resources in Ennistymon flagged with Minister
Latest News
51mUs3LO2nL
Targeted solutions for prevention and healing of acne breakouts / problematic skin
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 diarmuid ryan craig morgan 1
'Our year was on the line' - Ryan & Clare issue response to reignite championship campaign
garda youth awards winners 2
Clare teenagers inspire as winners of eight annual Garda Youth awards are named
ballyea warrior declan mcdonagh noel gavin 1
Ballyea Warrior wins in Shelbourne
judge courtroom
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child
Premium
Gough brings guile to Newmarket Celtic for unbeaten league success
Clare sweat on injured trio for effective Munster semi-final
Luxury suite sells for record €940k at Trump Doonbeg
Clare target return to All-Ireland quarter-finals
Intimidation, anti-social behaviour & lack of Garda resources in Ennistymon flagged with Minister

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.