*Photograph: John Mangan

Pairings for the Clare SHC quarter-finals were due to be known on Monday evening, however the scheduled draw was postponed earlier this afternoon.

Clare GAA PRO, Michael O’Connor announced on Monday that the draws for the Clare SHC, Clare IHC, Senior B, Junior A and Junior B hurling quarter-finals and play-off were postponed.

Club delegates are to attend an online meeting of the County Board on Tuesday, a time for the meeting has yet to be confirmed.

Sunday’s knockout clash between Éire Óg and Cratloe in the second round of the Clare SHC was called off on account of one member of the South Clare club testing positive for COVID-19. Their intermediate clash with Corofin was also postponed.

Testing of other members has taken place and The Clare Echo understands that further cases have been confirmed subsequently.

Tuesday’s board meeting is understood to be focused on what direction the championship will now take. The Clare Echo has learned that the options on the table include Cratloe withdrawing from relevant competitions or some championships being paused.

As Cratloe are a dual-club, the matter will be of importance to football outfits competing in the Clare SFC and Clare IFC as those competitions are also affected.

Following the weekend action, Inagh/Kilnamona, Kilmaley, Feakle, Sixmilebridge, O’Callaghans Mills, Broadford and Ballyea booked their place in the Clare SHC quarter-finals.

On Monday evening, Limerick club Claughaun confirmed a club member tested positive for the virus and they announced that all activity in the club was to be suspended.

Related News

carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 luke ashton tom o'callaghan gabriel keating 1
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 shop 1
'Something positive was born out of a tragic situation' - Carrigaholt opens new store following overwhelming community support
garda youth awards winners 2
Clare teenagers inspire as winners of eight annual Garda Youth awards are named
judge courtroom
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child
Latest News
cloister ennis 09-03-26 1
'This can make the town' - refreshed plans submitted for Cloister building
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 gabriel keating maura mckiernan 7
'Tremendous opportunity for Carrigaholt' says Keating with Irish College 'in the middle of planning process'
carrigaholt post office 18-05-26 luke ashton tom o'callaghan gabriel keating 1
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
shelbourne park
Clare greyhounds strike in Shelbourne Park
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 brian lohan 1
Qualifying for All-Ireland series 'was crucial' says Lohan as Clare answer big questions
Premium
'This can make the town' - refreshed plans submitted for Cloister building
Carrigaholt's community spirit comes to the fore to lift Loop Head Peninsula
Qualifying for All-Ireland series 'was crucial' says Lohan as Clare answer big questions
Terence's troops refusal to give in leads them to Munster glory
'Something positive was born out of a tragic situation' - Carrigaholt opens new store following overwhelming community support

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.