THREE Clare artists have donated works to INCOGNITO, a collection curated by the Jack & Jill Foundation in an effort to raise some much needed funds.

Mick O’Dea, Dominic McNamara and Leslie Ryan Hurley have all contributed to the collection of 978 original pieces of art.

INCOGNITO  began previewing on Monday 11th May on www.incognito.ie; with the online sale starting at 10am on 28th May.     

The original artworks will be sold online on a first-click-first-served basis for €50 each, with the exciting prospect of acquiring a very valuable piece of art.  The identity of the artist will not be revealed until the successful purchaser receives their art in the post, with the artist’s signature on the back of the artwork.    

Ten families from Clare have utilised the Jack and Jill foundation’s services in April, with a total of 73 seeking assistance from the charity to date this year. 

Purchasing one painting is the equivalent of three hours of specialist nursing home care for any one of these families.  

The virtual gallery features art from members of the Munster rugby squad alongside art from Bruce and Patti Springsteen, Una Sealey, The Project Twins, Vincent Devine, Martin Mooney, Sylvia Parkinson Brown, Victor Richardson, Martin Gale, Guggi, Bridget Flinn and Adrian+Shane to name but a few.  

Arftwork from the INCOGNITO collection

“We had over 15,000 visitors to the Incognito online store to buy 1,814 artworks at the first sale last month, raising over €90,000 for Jack & Jill within 15 minutes, and we are hoping to repeat this success with INCOGNITO  – PART TWO, when the charity most needs this fundraising boost,” said William Fry Managing Partner Bryan Bourke.

The Foundation provides specialist home nursing care and support to children with complex medical and life-threatening conditions, many of whom may never walk or talk or paint a picture themselves.  

“We are delighted with the continued support of William Fry, one of our key corporate partners, for this exciting public arts initiative over the last four years and we look forward to working with them again in the future.  We are also extremely grateful to all the artists who have, year on year, submitted their artworks for sale for Jack & Jill. 

“Their time and talent are what makes our Incognito art sale such a success, turning art into a real currency for home nursing care support during these challenging times,” said Carmel Doyle, CEO of the Jack & Jill Foundation.    

To browse the artwork collection and pre-register for the 28th May sale log on to www.incognito.ie

Advertisement

Related News

ambulance coast guard scariff 1
Bodyke hurler recovering after picking up head injury which forced abandonment of game vs Whitegate
jim gavin 2
Crowe rows in behind Jim Gavin to get Fianna Fáil nomination for Presidential election
1 Shannon Airport_Munster Rugby Women's Bus
Shannon Airport & Munster get new wheels ahead of Interpro final
Shannon, Ireland, June
Shannon will not receive 15 extra Gardaí despite claims of Govt TDs
Latest News
João Tudella 1
Lahinch director's climate film to screen at Irish festivals
ambulance coast guard scariff 1
Bodyke hurler recovering after picking up head injury which forced abandonment of game vs Whitegate
Lunch Time Lifestyle with the Clare Echo Contributers (1)
September blooms bringing fresh colour and autumn pots to brighten your garden
lahinch ladies golf
Lahinch ladies chasing senior cup honours
stephen murray cian mulrooney 1
Murray trained Bayview Wild finishes like a train
Premium
feakle v newmarket-on-fergus 08-08-25 oisin donnellan 1
'Next man up' the focus in Feakle despite injury crisis
Shannon, Ireland, June
Shannon will not receive 15 extra Gardaí despite claims of Govt TDs
Springfield3
€5.2m Springfield flood relief scheme 'makes fear & devastation of flooding a thing of the past' in Clonlara
st josephs miltown v doonbeg 16-08-24 sean neylon eoghan killeen 1
Doonbeg & Miltown to battle it out for last remaining quarter-final spot
ballymacaula 1
Plans for Ennis' largest housing scheme meet stumbling block

Advertisement

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.