*Clare senior hurling mananger, Brian Lohan. Photograph: Gerard O’Neill

Clare GAA Chairman, Jack Chaplin has refuted claims that Brian Lohan offered to tender his resignation as manager of the county senior hurlers.

Following a report by The Clare Echo on the establishment of new sub-committees within the organisation, claims appeared online and via messaging platforms that the Chairman and senior hurling manager were involved in a stand-off, this has been rubbished by the newly elected Chairman.

Chaplin confirmed that members of the Finance and Caherlohan committee as reported by The Clare Echo were correct. Joe Russell and John Kerin will lead the football and hurling underage sub-committees, he said. As stated in the article, the remaining members of these two committees are to be finalised.

A number of individuals believed to be ex county managers and players have yet to inform Clare GAA if they will form part of the hurling or football sub-committees.

Clubs will be given a platform to share their views at Friday’s meeting of the County Board, the Cratloe man outlined. Further clarity will be issued to the clubs at this sitting.

“Nobody’s position is in doubt,” Chaplin told The Clare Echo when asked if Brian Lohan had been contemplating his role as Clare senior hurling manager subsequent to the development of the hurling sub-committee. He said there had been “no clash” between either himself or Lohan on the matter.

Advertisement

Related News

Shannon, Ireland, June
Shannon will not receive 15 extra Gardaí despite claims of Govt TDs
Springfield3
€5.2m Springfield flood relief scheme 'makes fear & devastation of flooding a thing of the past' in Clonlara
ballymacaula 1
Plans for Ennis' largest housing scheme meet stumbling block
doolin coast guard
Coast Guard say they have no concerns over atmosphere in Doolin unit
Latest News
Shannon, Ireland, June
Shannon will not receive 15 extra Gardaí despite claims of Govt TDs
Springfield3
€5.2m Springfield flood relief scheme 'makes fear & devastation of flooding a thing of the past' in Clonlara
st josephs miltown v doonbeg 16-08-24 sean neylon eoghan killeen 1
Doonbeg & Miltown to battle it out for last remaining quarter-final spot
8ADEA71C-AA8E-43C5-AAB6-684A5D8EF880
'Battle of the Bands' returns to Lucas' Bar
ballymacaula 1
Plans for Ennis' largest housing scheme meet stumbling block
Premium
ballymacaula 1
Plans for Ennis' largest housing scheme meet stumbling block
doolin coast guard
Coast Guard say they have no concerns over atmosphere in Doolin unit
Shannon Airport (2)
Rail link for Shannon Airport 'can be done & it's a matter of getting it done' says Junior Minister
clare v cork 20-04-25 eibhear quilligan 1
Clare keeper Quilligan to undergo surgery on injured knee this week
mercedes optimum autos 1
Three of the six stolen vehicles from Optimum Autos recovered

Advertisement

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.