*Photograph: John Mangan

Co Clare has recorded its largest increase of COVID-19 cases in the space of 24 hours while 77 additional cases and one new COVID-19 death have been recorded in the Republic of Ireland.

37 additional cases are now known in Co Clare, the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) have said. Detail from Saturday May 30th has highlighted an increase of 37 cases in the space of 24 hours, 360 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in the county to date.

It is believed that the increase is linked to cases being re-assigned from Co Limerick. 35 cases have been de-notified in Co Limerick for the same time period.

On Monday evening, the HPSC confirmed that one more person with Coronavirus had died while three deaths had been de-notified. 1,650 people have died since the outbreak of the virus.

An additional 77 cases are now known according to officials bringing to 25,062 the total amount of confirmed cases, 90% of those diagnosed have recovered Chief Medical Officer, Dr Tony Holohan has said. It is the fourth day in a row that the amount of new cases per day has increased.

From Saturday’s 24,985 cases, 13% have been hospitalised and less than 1% admitted to ICU. Healthcare workers are associated with 7,968 cases.

Chief Medical Officer, Dr Tony Holohan in a statement confirmed that 90% of the 25,000 plus cases have recovered. He flagged that regrettably 3,285 people had been hospitalised and 1,650 had died.

“COVID-19 is a new disease, for which we have no vaccine and we have no cure. As restrictions ease and we begin to resume social and economic life, we must do all we can to prevent a second wave. It is vital that we continue to practice hand and cough hygiene and social distancing, with the additional hygiene measure of face coverings in appropriate settings. It is important to give space to our vulnerable people when out and about. We must continue to do all we can to interrupt the spread of this virus,” he stated.

Related News

judge courtroom
Former HSE hospital porter receives 45 month prison term for sexual assault of child
micheál macgearailt 1
Shannon group has nationwide appeal
Trump-Golf-Hotel-56
Luxury suite sells for record €940k at Trump Doonbeg
jim o'callaghan north clare 1
Intimidation, anti-social behaviour & lack of Garda resources in Ennistymon flagged with Minister
Latest News
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 tony kelly 5
Rodgers & Taylor ruled out but Kelly included in Clare team with first starts for Galvin & Fitz
51mUs3LO2nL
Targeted solutions for prevention and healing of acne breakouts / problematic skin
clare vs tipperary 16-05-26 diarmuid ryan craig morgan 1
'Our year was on the line' - Ryan & Clare issue response to reignite championship campaign
garda youth awards winners 2
Clare teenagers inspire as winners of eight annual Garda Youth awards are named
ballyea warrior declan mcdonagh noel gavin 1
Ballyea Warrior wins in Shelbourne
Premium
Gough brings guile to Newmarket Celtic for unbeaten league success
Clare sweat on injured trio for effective Munster semi-final
Luxury suite sells for record €940k at Trump Doonbeg
Clare target return to All-Ireland quarter-finals
Intimidation, anti-social behaviour & lack of Garda resources in Ennistymon flagged with Minister

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.